February 02, 2006

Sheehan Update

I rarely post directly to Drew since, well, we share many of our regular readers, but I want to post an update on Cindy Sheehan, and more imporantly the reaction to it, and he's got a good one there.

When I originally posted on this, I mostly just wanted people to go vote on the poll MSNBC was holding, but I tried to restrain myself a bit on jumping to conclusions because, as I mentioned, this isn't the first time it's happened and frankly I'm just not an expert in the rules of the Capital. Well, evidently the Capital police have apologized and admitted that Sheehan didn't do anything wrong and that there was no grounds for having removed and arrested her. I'm going to say it again because I'm feeling vindicated, and therefore a little pompous.

They were wrong. Also wrong were all the conservatives that jumped on that story like sharks on chum and defended both the removal and arrest. Will they use this embarrassing mistake to temper their reactions in the future? We'll see, but I wouldn't put any money on it.

No comments: