April 24, 2007

NHL Playoffs: Round 2

Posting from my two day trip to The Palm Springs of Washington, let's take a look at how I did predicting the first round of the NHL Post-Season. I got Buffalo, New Jersey, Ottawa, Vancouver, and Detroit right and New York, Anaheim, and San Jose wrong, so that's not bad. Truth be told, I just didn't expect Nashville to implode quite as quickly as they did, though I knew they would eventually. Anaheim really stepped it up against Minnesota, whose strong finish in the regular season disappeared awfully fast. And like I said, the New York/Atlanta series was completely irrelevant as neither team has what it takes to go far in the playoffs. Here are the matchups for Round 2:

Buffalo v. New York
New Jersey v. Ottawa
Anaheim v. Vancouver
Detroit v. San Jose

I'll stick with my previous prediction that New York will be eliminated in five games. Jersey will win if they can muster some offense and really lay the body on Heatley, Alfredsson and Spezza. The Ducks/Canucks series will be the most interesting and I think whoever wins there wins the West. Edge to the Ducks since they're rested. I like the way Detroit's playing so I'll give them the edge in their series, but I'll give even odds that Hasek's groin asplodes.

No comments: