May 31, 2005

They Call Me The Working Man, I Guess That's What I Am...

I just officially finished my first day at my first real law job ever. I'm tired, so this isn't going to be long. Not tired so much from the work, which thus far is pretty mundane, but from the hour long walk home I decided to do instead of waiting for the bus. If you think the hour walk is impressive, I was also in a suit and dress shoes. I suggest you all don't do this, it is a bad idea. Anyway, I have to break out the cold ones, or something, because I guess that's what workin' men do. Or sleep.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a successful first day! Just remember to pack some tennies next time :) Have a great week!

Noumena said...

Yeah, good job! Do we get to hear what kind of stuff you do, or would it all be in incomprehensible lawyerese?

MosBen said...

So far it's been, and in all likelihood will continue to be, rather boring paperwork. The defense sends us some interogatories (What's your client's birthday?/Where was your client born?/Does your client have insurance and if so what's the policy number?) and I look through the file and answer it. Or we need to send a summons to someone we're suing and I fill in a form with the appropriate information.

It's monkey work really once you know what you're supposed to do. Oh well, it pays the old rent.

And you all have no idea how much I'm missing my days of unemployment and 4 hours of Star Trek a day. That's right, 4 hours.

Anonymous said...

Rush song reference? :p