January 04, 2008

One More Quesada

CBR has a five part interview with Joe Quesada, (1, 2, 3, 4) the last of which should be available some time later today. They discuss the recent and very controversial Spiderman story (at least among internet nerds) One More Day and it's followup, Brand New Day. There's all kinds of drama surrounding this thing, from Quesada's long stated hatred of Peter Parker being married to Joe Straczynski's online statement that his final two scripts were altered to the point that he asked for his name to be removed from the book. It's all been a pretty interesting look behind the scenes of a big comics event, but I have to say that though I haven't read the actual book, the more I read about this the more I tend to side with Quesada. I may not agree with him all the time, but he always seems quite reasonable to me.

No comments: