October 10, 2005

Fantasy Hockey

Ok, this isn't going to be a terribly interesting post for people not involved in my fantasy hockey league, but read it anyway because I said so. Ok, so this year I got roped into a fantasy hockey league. It's the first time I've ever been involved in fantasy sports and, predictably, I've gotten kind of obsessed with it; checking stats all day and such. Anyway, because it's the first time I've done this I did a pretty bad job of drafting players and managed to draft a goalie that doesn't so much play in the NHL anymore. So that's my fault and it left me with one goalie for the first week.

Then in the first game of the season my one goalie hurt himself, leaving me with no goalies for the rest of the week. I could, however, try to get some goalies for the next week, so I dumped my no-longer-playing goalie for a hot young prospect. He injured himself before I got him. So I put both of my injured goalies on my reserves so I could get two healthy goalies, and I managed to get one guy that can play for me this week and another that will get onto my roster next week. The latter goalie was injured today. Seriously, if I lose four goalies to injuries in under two weeks I'm just quitting. It's not safe for the guys playing to have me drafting them.

"Tommy used to work on the docks / Union's been on strike / He's down on his luck - it's tough"

4 comments:

Noumena said...

Is it unethical to use your new-found evil voodoo powers to help your real-life team?

Anonymous said...

Finally! A song I've actually heard of!

Bon Jovi--"Livin' on a Prayer"

MosBen said...

Hooray for Meghan! Incidentally though, pretty much nobody knows that songs I post, unless I'm completely mistaken. Usually they just copy and past the lyrics into Google to see what comes up, which is perfectly acceptable.

Anonymous said...

Not true, Not true. Some of us are just nerds who know music.