August 26, 2004

The Sky Is Falling

I never thought it would happen, but I agree with Trent Lott on something OTHER than that babies shouldn't be bar-b-qued. He goes deep fried and I prefer raw. Honestly, I had to think that Ron Wyden of Oregon wrote most of this as I picked up on choice bits like,

"President Harry Truman noted that the C.I.A. was created "for the benefit and convenience of the president." But the United States cannot preserve an open and democratic society when one branch of government has a free hand to shut down public access to information. The lack of an independent appeals process for Congress tips the scales too far toward secrecy for any administration, and it is vital that we right this imbalance."

Granted, some secrets are vital to national security, but as we saw with the 9/11 council, currently it's WAY to easy for the government to hide documents

No comments: