June 13, 2005

A Prelude

My favorite band of all time, Dream Theater, has released a new album, their eighth studio release. It usually takes me at least several listens to absorb enough to feel comfortable talking about it, so in the mean time I thought I'd post a little to something to show that though most prog metal/rock fans are among the most pretentious music fans out there (though let's be honest, music fans of most genres generally tend towards uber-pretension), there are still some that have a sense of humor about themselves.

Edit: Really, as I look over this list it'd be pretty easy to switch a reletively small number of words in that list and apply it to most genre fans.

Edit Part Deux: I should have pointed out that this link came to me, and thusly to you, from my friend Aaron at law school.

No comments: