June 04, 2006

Wizard World Philly '06

Another June, another Wizard world. Last year's show was my first, so I didn't know what to expect and was a little out of my element, though if you check the archives I still managed to get a few good photos. This year, however, I was ready. Instead of just aimlessly milling about, I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to buy before hand and knew that I wanted to see at least one of the events happening. Oh, and I wasn't shy at all about asking for pictures from the many costumed folks. Unfortunately, I also wasn't shy about getting into some of the pictures myself, which makes them both harder to make into amusing photoshops later as well as showing the world how embarrasingly bad I look these days. Still, it was a great time all around and I even got to meet Rags Morales, the guy that drew DC's Identity Crisis last year, which is one of my favorite books in a long time. If you haven't read it, you don't *need* lots of background on the DC universe to get it, but as with most things set in an established universe, it helps to know a little bit about who the characters are. Still, it's a great great book and now my copy is signed(!), not that a trade paperback is ever going to be worth anything. Still, it's just neat.

Anyway, I'll be posting the first of many pictures in a bit, with the rest coming every day or so until I decide to stop. I'm cetainly not going to post them all, as there are far too many. Anyway, if you're in the area next year, trust me when I say that, yes, it sounds and indeed is a completely nerdy scene, but damn if it isn't a good time just walking around seeing the wackos.

No comments: