February 02, 2006

I Love The Internet Volume #360

I've been reading this for a half hour, including the comments, and I can't tell if this is a joke. My inclination seems to be yes. I decided that I would try to analyze its jokiness without looking at anything else on the site, that is, that I should be able to determine satiricity only by reading the content. I'm *pretty* sure this is supposed to be funny, but even if it's not, it is!

Incidentally, there are some really funny comments to the story. When people that think something is a joke get together with people that take the same thing completely seriously get together...well, a certain type of magic happens.

Edit: Alright, I've completely decided that it's a joke and am now just the slightest bit ashamed that it took me so long to really be sure, but to me that just makes it even funnier.

No comments: