February 20, 2006

Wordplay

I love words. I love words that are fun to say and I love words that let me say the same old thing in a new way. Even more, I love words that I've made up. To celebrate my love of words I'm going to try to jumpstart the comments here by posting a few Words of the Week every week. Everyone that uses a Word of the Week in a substantive comment, that is, not a comment whose only purpose is not a vehicle for using a WotW, will receive 5 Ra Points. You can earn as many points as you like through this manner, subject of course to the afore mentioned restriction on spurious comments. I'll try to choose a mix of more and less common words, though they'll always be words I think we should use more.

This week's words will be: sine qua non, recondite, and capricious. So, I figure I'll give this a try and see how it works. I will be seeing how to balance my desire to have enough WotW that you guys don't have to work hard to fit them into your comments and what I'm sure is the exponential increase in the amount of searching I have to do when dishing out points. I'll also have to try to post enough that you guys have things to talk about. We'll see how it goes I guess.

Finally, while we're here why not make this a contest thread. All you need to do is post a comment to this post where you treat the security letters as a word and post it along with a definition you've created for it. I'll give twenty points to the one I like best.

Excelsior!

No comments: