September 02, 2005

Money Sucks

I owe the following people money:
$1200 to my new school
$500 to my old school
$100 to my old roommate
$1200 to my new roommate's parents qua my landlords
$2500 on my credit card (complications on buying the car meant I had to make a down payment on it; fortunately, 0% APR for the first year)

Within the next month, I will also have to make car payments, pay an insurance premium for same, and my phone and cable bill.

I have $750 in my old bank account. Due to their stupid minimum balance requirements, I can't do anything with this money until the credit card is paid off and I can close the account entirely. I got paid $750 today, with another $750 in two weeks. I'm getting $3,000 from my mutual fund (hooray for my mom planning ahead, at least), but potentially not for another three weeks.

Here's the game: How should I prioritize these bills? Keep in mind that I need at least $50 a week for food.

How the hell do you future doctors and lawyers live off of loans?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tragedy Knows No Boundary
Reading and viewing online news coverage of the Katrina hurricane disaster in the US over recent days, I'm just awed by the sheer scale of so many people - thousands according to many news reports - losing ...
A superb blog,my congratulations! I will add it to my bookmark!

You might find this an interesting online dating uk site/blog. It’s highly successful in online dating uk and is being adopted by many successful online businesses,because it enhances sales and profits!

Why not check it out;you can even try it out for 30 days for just $1-thank you:-)

MosBen said...

Peanut butter sandwiches my friend.