July 01, 2004

The Veepstakes Continues...

People seem to have a renewed vigor for the blind betting on who Kerry will snag for VP. I'm still pulling for Edwards, but only really because he's young, pretty, and already has some popularity and exposure. Sure, he might not be so keen to take a VP spot from the guy he just lost to, but I guy can dream. People seem to be whispering "Vilsack" in hushed corners, but we'll see I suppose. Like Kos, I don't think this should happen this weekend if Kerry wants anyone to be paying attention, but a Monday announcement wouldn't be a bad way to tap some of those sweet patriotic juices that get flowing this time of year. Well either patriotic juices or delicious meat juices...

2 comments:

Noumena said...

I wouldn't expect an announcement until the end of the month at the earliest, when we're starting to close in on the convention. Keep the people in suspense, keep their attention.

MosBen said...

I'd bet on somewhere between Monday and two weeks from today. He might want to ride the patriotic spirit of the holiday, but would have to wait until at least Monday for people to be watching TV. There are an odd number of renewed Hilary rumors lately, but I'm pretty dismissive of those. Hilary is too controversial right now and she hasn't been a senator long enough I don't think. Maybe in another 4-8 years. A Hilary VP candidacy also seems like something the Right would float so they can live their wet dream of another Clinton in the White House.